Welcome to a first edition Brock Realty Group Rant & Rave! We just got a new business tool this week that we are very excited about, so I just had to tell the entire world about it because I am IN LOVE with this right now:
OKAY, All you aspiring business-owners and operators out there…I’m gonna let you in on a little secret… It’s this tool called Slack. Weird name for a tool that is supposed to make your business thrive, but I assure you, this picks UP the slack. Hear me out…
- You can create Channels to organize your team conversations in open channels. Make a channel for a project, a topic, a team, or anything—everyone has a transparent view of all that’s going on.
- There are Private Channels for communicating sensitive information, create private channels and invite a few team members. No one else can see or join your private channels.
- And there’s Direct Messages to reach a colleague/co-worker directly, send them a private Direct Message. You can set them, and other notifications to pop up on your Mac or Windows 10 desktop, phone, or send you emails. All completely customizable. Oh, and direct/group file sharing too.
- There are also about a million different website and app integrations that you can add onto the program, like quick polling (Vote on where to have lunch), shareable checklists and to-do lists, Twitter, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and even stupid gifs and memes you can send your co-workers instead of doing that report you’re supposed to be doing. Using this tool responsibly is the only good way to be a “Slacker”.
- I’m sure that there are other amazing features that I haven’t even discovered yet…
But seriously, your company won’t be slackin’ if you use Slack.
Did I mention it’s free, because it’s FREE. Go whip that business into shape.
Brock Realty Group <3s Slack.com